The Indian Railways has introduced upgraded ‘Anubhuti’ coaches on its Chennai-Mysuru Shatabdi Express. The Southern Railway – which caters to one of the zones under the Indian Railways – will introduce Anubhuti coaches on the Chennai Central-Mysuru-Chennai Central Shatabdi Express sector from Friday, January 12, 2018, according to a press release dated January 11, 2018. The Southern Railway termed the move as a “Pongal Gift” to its passengers. Bookings for journey on the Chennai Central-Mysuru Shatabdi Express trains with the Anubhuti coaches – fitted with improved interiors and a GPS-based passenger system, among other features – are open, the Southern Railway said.
Here are 10 things to know about the Anubhuti coaches, introduced on the Chennai Central-Mysuru-Chennai Central Shatabdi Express:
- Trains 12007 and 12008 of the Chennai Central-Mysuru-Chennai Central Shatabdi Express service will be augmented by an ‘Anubhuti’ coach from Friday, January 12, 2018, according to the press release.
- The ‘Anubhuti’ coaches are fitted with improved interiors, ergonomically designed seats and improved modular toilets with hands-free taps.
- Overhead reading lights are provided for every seat and the coach has diffused LED lighting, the Southern Railway said.
- Besides, the coaches have a GPS-based passenger system and a special exterior painting with anti-graffiti coating.
- The fare for travel by ‘Anubhuti’ coach is fixed at 1.2 times of the Executive Class fare of Shatabdi trains.
- Other charges such as reservation fee, superfast surcharge, GST, etc. as applicable will be levied separately.
- Normal rules pertaining to Child Fare will apply, according to the Southern Railway.
- Concessional tickets and free complimentary passes which are not fully reimbursed will not be allowed, it noted.
- Seats remaining vacant at the time of first charting will be offered for current booking at a 10 per cet discount on last price.
“Normal Cancellation and Refund Rules shall apply,” the Southern Railway added.