Railway Recruitment Boards have embarked upon the transformational leap of induction of IT based (Online) solutions in a big way. Since August, 2015 all RRB examinations have been conducted through Online (Computer Based Test) Mode. So far, four such Pan India Online examination have been conducted successfully for staggering number of about 1.14 Crore candidates.
Record number of applications
Recently, RRBs have published 2 (two) fresh notifications viz. CEN No. 01/2018 published on 03.02.2018, for recruitment for 26,502 vacancies of Asst. Loco Pilots (ALPs) & Technicians (Level-2) attracting about 47.56 lakhs applications & CEN No. 02/2018, published on 10.02.2018, for recruitment for 62,907 vacancies of Level-1 (erstwhile Group ‘D’) posts attracting record number of applications which is about 1.90 crores. Scrutiny of applications is underway.
Few salient highlights of theses Online examination are under:-
- Conduct of world’s largest computer based recruitment exam.
- Computer Based Aptitude (Psychological) Test:-
In conventional mode these tests would have taken around 2 months’ time.
- Landmark Green Initiative:-
Replacement of Paper Applications, duplicate OMR sheets and bulky multilingual Question Booklets with On-line Applications and Computer Based Tests for written as well as Aptitude/Psycho test has made significant contribution towards betterment of environment. It has saved about 310 crore A4 size sheets, which means a saving of about 4 lakh trees from cutting, in last four examinations alone;
- Unprecedented level of certainty, ease and convenience to the candidates:-
Online Application System has saved the candidates from worries and uncertainties about postal delays or non delivery of their applications. They are sure of submission of their applications and get SMS and email alerts at various stages of recruitment. Computer Based examination gives the candidates the flexibility of toggling between the languages of questions and revisiting and revising their answers, if required. Provision of mock test before actual examination provides them the opportunity of familiarizing themselves with computer based testing;
- Enhancement of Transparency and fairness:-
- There are no interviews in RRB examinations.
- System of uploading Answer Keys introduced.
- In Computer Based Tests (CBTs) candidates are shown their Question Paper, Answer Booklets along-with correct Answer Keys. They are also given an opportunity to raise objection regarding correctness of question and answer keys, if any.
- Through newspapers and by flashing messages on their websites, RRBs regularly advise the prospective aspirants to beware of unscrupulous individuals/gangs which are out to dupe them with the promise of Railway jobs. Candidates are also advised to consult only the official websites of RRBs which are as follows:
|Name of RRB||Website|