IRCTC Tejas Express services will resume services from next month between the national capital and Lucknow after being suspended from operations due to low occupancy and other reasons amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The IRCTC Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express – the country’s first train operated by a private player, is set to start services four days a week, starting from August 7, 2021, according to notifications by the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
IRCTC Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express – Details of train timings, train number, route:
- According to Indian Railways’ subsidiary IRCTC, the train number 82501/82502 Lucknow Junction – New Delhi – Lucknow Junction will start services from August 7
- The train will run four days a week – Friday, Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, according to the Indian Railways e-ticketing arm
- During the journey, the train will cover Ghaziabad Junction, New Delhi, Lucknow Junction, Kanpur Central railway stations.
- For booking Tejas Express train tickets, passengers can log on to the official IRCTC website or use the IRCTC Rail Connect app.
- The tickets for IRCTC Tejas Express can be booked 30 days in advance, according to IRCTC.
The semi-high speed IRCTC Lucknow – New Delhi Tejas Express train service was flagged off on October 4, 2019, and is the first train to be fully operated by IRCTC. It is fully air-conditioned and offers passenger-centric facilities such as LCD entertainment screens, modular bio-toilets, on-board infotainment, coffee, tea vending machines, sliding doors, among others. The train covers the journey between the two cities in six hours.